mlerules: (TP kitty)
[personal profile] mlerules
Last Thursday we had a frustrating on- again off-again time re: a couple of upcoming (Friday afternoon) appointments for a procedure this AM. When Friday came, there was another round of uncertainty followed by phone calls resulting in the instruction to "show up this afternoon even if Monday's procedure doesn't happen." Shortly thereafter the call came in about today's (Monday's) check-in time (hence it was ON).

On the way to OHSU this AM, however, we got a call that something happened so that everything in that surgical room is cancelled today. (I hate to think what happened!) So now we're looking at a FIVE (5) WEEK wait, unless someone cancels, in which case there'll be a mad-dash last-minute reschedule of all other plans to make it so. OY! *rolls eyes & gnashes teeth & searches for patience amidst massive frustration*

At least we made the best of today's last-minute plan shift. Since we hadn't made it to the bridge when the call came in, 'twas easy enough to turn around and head to nearby Petite Provence for brunch (a fine way to break the fast for the procedure). First time out in public - other than medical appts - in months. Had a really good time. Needful. Now: much sleeping...

I DO hope I can make it to a Bay Area wedding in late June that'd seemed a distinct possibility when procedure was to happen today. Honestly, it's not likely, but I don't wanna admit to - or deal with - that quite yet. *deep sigh*

Date: 2026-05-12 12:37 am (UTC)
teaotter: a girl swathed in wildfire smoke (Default)
From: [personal profile] teaotter
Oh, so frustrating! I'm glad you were able to re-focus the day. *hugs*

Date: 2026-05-12 03:29 pm (UTC)
garyomaha: Sophie&Charlie_04-27-25 (Default)
From: [personal profile] garyomaha
Oy! Glad it sorta worked out.
(I am SOOO odd. When a cancellation or postponement happens, I tend to celebrate. Just because I am so tired of medical appointments. Even though it means I spend extra time worrying about the now-rescheduled-even-later thing.)

Profile

mlerules: (Default)
mlerules

September 2026

S M T W T F S
  12345
678 9101112
13141516171819
20212223242526
27282930   

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Sep. 29th, 2026 06:16 am
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios