Hurry Up & Wait!
May. 11th, 2026 02:45 pmLast Thursday we had a frustrating on- again off-again time re: a couple of upcoming (Friday afternoon) appointments for a procedure this AM. When Friday came, there was another round of uncertainty followed by phone calls resulting in the instruction to "show up this afternoon even if Monday's procedure doesn't happen." Shortly thereafter the call came in about today's (Monday's) check-in time (hence it was ON).
On the way to OHSU this AM, however, we got a call that something happened so that everything in that surgical room is cancelled today. (I hate to think what happened!) So now we're looking at a FIVE (5) WEEK wait, unless someone cancels, in which case there'll be a mad-dash last-minute reschedule of all other plans to make it so. OY! *rolls eyes & gnashes teeth & searches for patience amidst massive frustration*
At least we made the best of today's last-minute plan shift. Since we hadn't made it to the bridge when the call came in, 'twas easy enough to turn around and head to nearby Petite Provence for brunch (a fine way to break the fast for the procedure). First time out in public - other than medical appts - in months. Had a really good time. Needful. Now: much sleeping...
I DO hope I can make it to a Bay Area wedding in late June that'd seemed a distinct possibility when procedure was to happen today. Honestly, it's not likely, but I don't wanna admit to - or deal with - that quite yet. *deep sigh*
On the way to OHSU this AM, however, we got a call that something happened so that everything in that surgical room is cancelled today. (I hate to think what happened!) So now we're looking at a FIVE (5) WEEK wait, unless someone cancels, in which case there'll be a mad-dash last-minute reschedule of all other plans to make it so. OY! *rolls eyes & gnashes teeth & searches for patience amidst massive frustration*
At least we made the best of today's last-minute plan shift. Since we hadn't made it to the bridge when the call came in, 'twas easy enough to turn around and head to nearby Petite Provence for brunch (a fine way to break the fast for the procedure). First time out in public - other than medical appts - in months. Had a really good time. Needful. Now: much sleeping...
I DO hope I can make it to a Bay Area wedding in late June that'd seemed a distinct possibility when procedure was to happen today. Honestly, it's not likely, but I don't wanna admit to - or deal with - that quite yet. *deep sigh*