mlerules: (TP kitty)
[personal profile] mlerules
Not feeling quite so exhausted today, thankfully. Yesterday was Not Good. I finally really felt the buildup of so much poor sleep and interrupted sleep and weeks and weeks atop months and months of ongoing concern and worry and not ideal sleep and doctor appointments and ER visits and hospitalizations and a big procedure on Monday and way too much pain afterwards andandand

Yeah, I've been trying to take time for myself and be good to myself b'c you cannot take care of another unless you take care of yourself blahblahblah Oh, I also don't function so well in Big Heat these days, which recently added to the stress. Anyway, it all finally HIT HARD yesterday.

Although I did finally manage to get outta the house again for non-medical reasons yesterday, it felt like a case of better late than never...

I visited one of my fave coffeeshops, ordered my usual, chatted w/a friend I'd not seen in a while, got in some good escapist reading. Then wandered around Crystal Springs Rhodie Garden, stopping along the way to admire views and flowers and brbs and nutria and take photos and sit on benches and help shift a pop-up tent (3 people were trying to move a 4-legged structure so I took a leg). But I felt BEAT the entire time out and about and these experiences which usually perk me up just left me more exhausted.

When I got home, I did what was needful, then crawled into bed and slept for hours. Yesterday evening was mellow (Castle reruns). Dear Friend A went out and procured foodstuffs for us all. (She came to stay and help out lots in late February and has spent over 2/3 of her time here since, being an absolute Godsend.) Last night I didn't sleep particularly well or much.

At least today's decent so far. Did some AM watering and had decent backyard garden time. Made and took various medical phone calls. Have put off an assortment of To Do's 'til another time when I've got more energy.

Some good things are coming up. I do better with things to look forward to, so there's that. Hoping to continue napping as needed, to avoid another ER visit, and for positive outcomes eventually to outweigh the initial increase in pain from the procedure a few days ago.

Date: 2026-06-19 08:14 pm (UTC)
teaotter: a girl swathed in wildfire smoke (Default)
From: [personal profile] teaotter
*hugs*

Date: 2026-06-20 04:05 pm (UTC)
garyomaha: Sophie&Charlie_04-27-25 (Default)
From: [personal profile] garyomaha
Positive energy and hugs to you.

Profile

mlerules: (Default)
mlerules

September 2026

S M T W T F S
  12345
678 9101112
13141516171819
20212223242526
27282930   

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Sep. 27th, 2026 07:09 am
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios