ER Visit #2
May. 26th, 2026 05:09 pmLast Friday we returned to the ER. Better luck this time. It helps calling and talking with a doctor about issues and having them call the ER letting them know you'll be there soon. Turns out there're two different medical issues at hand. In order to get admitted (hospital beds are at a premium), they had to shift him to an associated hospital about 15 miles further away. They did so around midnight; I went home after 11pm once I knew what was happening. Apparently on the way there, chest pains were added to the list of concerns. As you can imagine, that caused quite flurry of activity. Eep!
Anyway, he'll be there at least another 2 nights as they work on the issues. One seems well enough in hand, t'other's less tractable. Seems like things're getting worse. (Thank goodness I'm not in charge for a while. Time to let the professionals get matters under control.) Honestly, unless things improve considerably in the next 36 hours, I'd be amazed if he's out before Monday at the earliest. It'd be nice to know, though, for planning purposes. I've got my own medical issues to contend with, with appointments I really don't want to put off again happening mid-day tomorrow and first thing Saturday morning.
Meanwhile, what had been a 10-15 minute drive from home is now a 40-75 minute journey (depending on traffic). At least 'twas a 3-day weekend so it wasn't that bad until today, when it took over an hour to get home, even leaving by 2:30pm. Oy!
For now, I'll just Keep on Swimming, and remembering to hydrate and eat and sleep when I can.
Anyway, he'll be there at least another 2 nights as they work on the issues. One seems well enough in hand, t'other's less tractable. Seems like things're getting worse. (Thank goodness I'm not in charge for a while. Time to let the professionals get matters under control.) Honestly, unless things improve considerably in the next 36 hours, I'd be amazed if he's out before Monday at the earliest. It'd be nice to know, though, for planning purposes. I've got my own medical issues to contend with, with appointments I really don't want to put off again happening mid-day tomorrow and first thing Saturday morning.
Meanwhile, what had been a 10-15 minute drive from home is now a 40-75 minute journey (depending on traffic). At least 'twas a 3-day weekend so it wasn't that bad until today, when it took over an hour to get home, even leaving by 2:30pm. Oy!
For now, I'll just Keep on Swimming, and remembering to hydrate and eat and sleep when I can.
no subject
Date: 2026-05-27 12:26 am (UTC)no subject
Date: 2026-05-27 01:00 am (UTC)no subject
Date: 2026-05-27 05:22 am (UTC)I hope you have a chance to recharge for a bit while the decisions are out of your hands.
no subject
Date: 2026-05-28 05:24 am (UTC)no subject
Date: 2026-05-27 01:12 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2026-05-28 05:25 am (UTC)no subject
Date: 2026-06-02 03:31 am (UTC)no subject
Date: 2026-06-02 03:01 am (UTC)no subject
Date: 2026-06-02 03:32 am (UTC)