A Fine Day
May. 20th, 2026 04:37 pmMy day began with a delightful Betty Crocker moment, when I got a noseful of freshly baked blueberry banana muffins upon opening the bedroom door. The Dear Friend who's spent so much time here this year, helping out tremendously, got up early to bake. *love & appreciation* I dropped her off at PDX this AM for a 3-week return to CA. So thankful she's returning before long.
On the way home from the airport, I visited Crema Coffeehouse for a snack and a hot beverage and read s'more of my current most excellent book (Stuart Turton's "The 7-1/2 Deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle"). After that I enjoyed a fine spa hour at Everett Healing House. 'Twas cool and overcast out; quite delightful. Nekkid outdoor jacuzzi and fire pit time for the win. Before heading home, I returned to Crema for more reading and hot tea.
Now the house smells of chicken stock simmering. When I went out to harvest some thyme for the stockpot, I stopped to deadheaded some irises and wander around the backyard some. Feeling pleased with the results of my Benign Neglect strategy over the past dozen years of living here: a lovely sane-making space. I've got laundry going and feel both accomplished and quite mellow.
I much appreciated this state as the past several days featured a fair amount of worry and concern. Feeling better after today's mellow activities combined with the the medical professionals not-so-concerned attitudes and suggestions. Keeping fingers crossed that the recommended Rx med changes (dosages and shifts in time of day) work over the course of the next week to decrease the concerning thingiemabobs.
On the way home from the airport, I visited Crema Coffeehouse for a snack and a hot beverage and read s'more of my current most excellent book (Stuart Turton's "The 7-1/2 Deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle"). After that I enjoyed a fine spa hour at Everett Healing House. 'Twas cool and overcast out; quite delightful. Nekkid outdoor jacuzzi and fire pit time for the win. Before heading home, I returned to Crema for more reading and hot tea.
Now the house smells of chicken stock simmering. When I went out to harvest some thyme for the stockpot, I stopped to deadheaded some irises and wander around the backyard some. Feeling pleased with the results of my Benign Neglect strategy over the past dozen years of living here: a lovely sane-making space. I've got laundry going and feel both accomplished and quite mellow.
I much appreciated this state as the past several days featured a fair amount of worry and concern. Feeling better after today's mellow activities combined with the the medical professionals not-so-concerned attitudes and suggestions. Keeping fingers crossed that the recommended Rx med changes (dosages and shifts in time of day) work over the course of the next week to decrease the concerning thingiemabobs.